Thursday, January 9, 2014

Welcome Back Breakfast


Well, hello there, Blogosphere! How have you been? Long time, no see!

I spent the last few weeks at home in PA, and I decided that when I got back to my VA life, I would start blogging again. As you can see, my page has a new look, and I'm going for a fresh start. I have some adventures that I want to go on, and a list of new recipes that I want to try. My contract at the park has ended, and I'm unemployed for the time being, so blogging/cooking/photography will be a good way to stay busy!

To kick things off, I tried a new recipe for breakfast this morning.



They're "Breakfast Cups". Toast, bacon, and eggs all married together. They're simple and delicious, and it's all stuff that I had on hand. I used whole wheat bread and turkey bacon, so they're even fairly healthy!

Breakfast Cups

Ingredients
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 slices bacon
2 large eggs
salt and pepper



Method
- Spray 2 custard cups (or 2 cups of a large muffin tin) with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

- Fry bacon in a skillet for about a minute on each side, to remove some grease and start the crisping.

- Trim crusts off of the bread and discard. Flatten the bread with a rolling pin. Press the flattened bread into the greased custard cups, making sure there are no holes. Cut the strips of bacon in half, and lay on top of the bread.


- Crack an egg into each cup, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.


- Place custard cups on a small baking sheet, and place in the preheated oven. Bake at 375 degrees F for 16-18 minutes, until the egg whites are solid but the yolks are still slightly runny.


- Run a knife around the edge to make sure the bread is loose, and remove to a plate. Pour yourself a cup of coffee or a glass of o.j. and enjoy!




Filling, nutritious, and kind of fun!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!