Monday, August 29, 2011

My Life As I Know It

So what's going on with you right now? Anything exciting? There's not a lot going on with me, but I'm bored and want to blog, so you're getting an update. :-P

My life is basically what it was while working at the Brooks... just without the working. I've been trying to get up at a decent time every day like a real human being, but it usually ends up being eleven. At least it's still AM? I've applied for a few jobs since I got home. I was really hopeful about a position at the Fulton in Lancaster, PA since I used contacts and networking, and threw a name around on my cover letter. I haven't heard back from them, though, other than an e-mail saying they received my application. It's the same deal with the Campus Theatre in Lewisburg, except I didn't even get the confirmation e-mail. The lady in charge told a friend to tell me to send in my resume, and then ignored me when I sent it. Thanks?

Oh, well. I still have enough money in the bank to be unemployed for another month (or two, if I'm stingy). The treatments and surgeries and meetings with doctors are starting up for my dad's cancer, so it's good that I'm home to run him around. Tomorrow, he's having a medi-port and feeding tube put in, and my niece is having an operation, so my sisters and I are going to sit at the hospital together. Maybe I'll be able to cross #25 off my 30 Things Before 30 list by the time we get through this?

What else have I been up to...? Oh! I'm finally working out regularly again. I was going to join the gym when I got home, but Gold's in Lewisburg is $45 a month. I think not. Then I was going to start P90 again, but I decided to make my own workout schedule. I've stuck with it for the most part, and if I miss a day, I double up the next. I'm pretty much just jogging/walking and building up my stamina and endurance. I'm also doing a new yoga every week, on Sundays and Thursdays. So far I've done "20 Minutes of Power", "Detox Yoga", and "Core Yoga". Next week is "Lunar Flow". I've lost a few pounds, and I feel awesome. If I end up losing a hundred pounds, maybe I'll publish my workout schedule and become the next big weight-loss guru! :-P

Other than sleeping, working out, and reading J.R. Ward's "Black Dagger Brotherhood" series like my life depends on it, I've been doing a lot of crocheting, a little cooking and baking, and a lot of movie-watching. I have a list of 59 movies that I own, that I've never seen. I buy $5 DVDs, or my dad used to bring home sample "screener" DVDs, and I never watched them. My list is down to 40, so I'm making progress. As for the crocheting - I decided that if I just get a stockpile of crocheted goods, I can open up an Etsy shop and stop looking for a real job. :-P At the very least, I can have Mom take in a sign to school and try to sell stuff to teachers. lol

As for the baking, last night I made chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies for snack time for my mom's students today.



I also made Pumpkin Spice Scones with Spiced Glaze. I had one last night with a cup of tea, and I had one this morning with a mug of Pumpkin Spice coffee. De. freakin. licious.



I will leave you with the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever come across. I've had it for awhile, and tried others, but this is by far the best. The cookies don't spread out too much, and they're not too moist or too crispy.

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes about 3 dozen

Ingredients:
1/2 C. butter - softened
3/4 C. dark brown sugar
1/2 C. white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 bag chips (chocolate, peanut butter, whatever you want)
2 2/3 C. sifted flour

Method:
Blend butter, sugars, soda, powder, vanilla, and eggs until well-mixed. Stir in chips, THEN flour. Chill 15-30 minutes. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto greased cookie sheet. (Return dough to fridge when not using.) Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool on pans for a few minutes before moving to cooling racks.


Keeping the dough cold is important in making the cookies not spread out too much. Also, I love making these with chopped up Andes mints instead of chocolate chips!



Well, I guess I should find something to do until Dad's PET scan this afternoon. Maybe something like showering and eating would be a good idea. Leave comments to let me know what you all have been up to, and suggestions for things to keep me busy (or job opportunities if you happen to own a theatre and/or bakery and/or bookstore)!


P.S. If you don't know how to leave a comment or don't want to log in with Google or FB, go to the "Name/URL" option on the drop down list. You can just put your name, you don't have to fill in the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!