Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hoo-Boy, Honeysuckle!

Hi! So I went back to Yellow Branch Falls tonight, but I'm still going through the pics and I'm kind of exhausted and probably going to bed soon, so... I will write a Yellow Branch Falls post soon. Probably tomorrow... or this weekend... since I'm off until TUESDAY! I thought about going home for the weekend, but gas is expensive, there's another trail I want to try to find, and I'll be moving home in a month anyway.

To celebrate the start of my 4-day weekend, and my return to YB Falls, I have a cocktail post.



I made a Honeysuckle. It's 1/2 Tbsp. warm water, 1/2 Tbsp. honey, 2 oz. light rum, and 1/2 oz. lemon juice. Dissolve the honey in the warm water in a shaker. Add the rum, lemon juice, and some ice. Shake well and pour.





It's actually pretty good. They honey cuts the rum a lot better than I expected, so it's not horribly strong. You could add more or less honey to suit your tastes, but I like it just like this.





Oh, and I doubled the recipe to fill the glass. It would have looked depressing otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!