Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ginger Ale Cocktail

In keeping up with my cocktail posts, I have the best one yet. I'll post about today's hiking adventures soon, but I have to share this.

When I got home today, I made homemade ginger syrup. (Thanks, Joy the Baker!) I had my stove turned down a little too far, so it took twice the time for it to cook down, but it's cool - I took a nap.

Once it was done, I let it cool, put it in a pretty bottle, then made a ginger ale cocktail.



I did about 3 Tbsp. of the ginger syrup, 1 1/2 c. club soda, a dash of bitters, a shot of vodka, and a lime wedge, over ice. Stir it up and enjoy the best summer drink ever. It was just as good without the vodka... but sometimes you just need vodka... like after four hours of hiking. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!