Saturday, June 18, 2011

Deliciousness!

Before I get to the deliciousness that was my supper tonight, I have some exciting news. Well, exciting for me. I broke 1,000 page views on my blog today! Someone out there is reading it! You just need to comment more so I know. :-P

Moving on to the main story... I made delicious things happen in my kitchen tonight. I had my sloppy joes, which I knew would be awesome, but I also tried two new recipes. The first was Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes. They may be the best thing I've ever eaten. I'll put the recipe at the end of this post since I feel like I need to share it with the world.



My other new recipe was Mint-Chocolate Chip Muffins. Also very delicious. I was planning on saving them to take to work on Monday, but I don't think there will be enough left.



They were supposed to have melted chocolate drizzled on them, but I went the powdered sugar route instead. In lieu of the muffins for work, I think I'm going to make some whoopie pies. I got a cookbook this weekend at TJ Maxx with recipes for 30 different kinds of whoopie pies and I think I need to try some out.

Speaking of things I bought this weekend, how do you like the plates my muffins are on? I had a coupon for JC Penney, so I got those two seashell plates and a square bowl-thing for $1.09. Not a bad deal... $0.36 a piece. One of my new favorite blogs is Joy the Baker, and she talks a lot about buying random pretty plates for serving, displaying, and photography purposes. I think I'll take a leaf out of her book and start my own random-pretty-plate collection.

Oh, and one other thing I got this weekend... the Desperate Housewives Cookbook. Oh, that's right. You know you're jealous.



Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes


Ingredients:
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 oz. cream cheese - softened
2 Tbsp. sour cream
1 Tbsp. butter
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Method:
Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high, uncovered for 12-14 minutes, or until tender all the way through, turning once.

When cool enough to handle, but not cold, cut a thin slice of skin off the top of each potato and discard (or eat... whatever). Scoop out pulp into a bowl, leaving a thin shell. Mash the pulp with the cream cheese, sour cream, salt, and butter; until the cream cheese and butter are melted and everything is well-incorporated. Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells.

Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle each with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for about 13 minutes, or until they're heated through and the topping has started to melt.

2 comments:

  1. Those potatoes sound kind of amazing.

    And I've read pretty much all of your blog posts. But I might also be the only person who's ever commented, so I guess you know that. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah, you, Debbie, and Josh comment a lot, but each post gets, like, 30 different views and I don't think I even know that many people. lol

    ReplyDelete

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!