Friday, June 17, 2011

Oh my God, Orange Blossom

So in keeping with my desire to try new cocktails, as well as trying to improve my bartending skills (I'm a notoriously bad drink-maker), I made an Orange Blossom. It's absolutely delicious.

1 1/2oz. gin, 1oz. orange juice, 1/2oz. lime juice, and 1/2oz. simple syrup. Put all in a shaker with ice, shake, and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with lime or orange slice.





I used store-bought orange and lime juice, but I can imagine it would be even more awesome with fresh-squeezed. The funny thing is I used to hate gin, but it's quickly making its way up my list of favorite liquors. I especially like it with citrus juices (Orange Blossom, Tom Collins, etc.).

I got the recipe for this out of a Southern Cocktails book. Many of the recipes in there call for Simple Syrup, so I made some to keep on hand. It's just 1C. water and 1C. sugar, brought to a boil and stirred until the sugar is dissolved. As long as you store it in an airtight container in the fridge, it will keep pretty indefinitely.

I realized that this post quickly turned into a tutorial on drink-making, but maybe that's the direction my blog is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!