Apparently I'm on a project kick. I've had this on my to-do list for months. When I moved in, I just had a chair and a love seat. I wanted another chair to round out my living room.
Initially, I found this one....
It was oversized, overstuffed, and comfy as all get-out. Not to mention that it was a $600 chair, on sale for $177.
Alas, it was way too big for my apartment. I don't know that I could have even gotten it in the door, let alone find space for it.
So in the same furniture store, I found this guy:
It may not look as awesome as the other one, but it's still really comfy, and much more size-appropriate for my place. It was a $200 chair that I got for $35. The price was so great because the leather on the seat was cracking. Apparently, it had been in the store for a long, long time.
I decided to go for it anyway, and see what I could do with it. I went out and found fabric right away, and then it sat untouched for months. Well for some reason, I finally decided it was time to spiff it up.
The scary part was taking apart the old cushion-cover to use as a pattern.
I was afraid something would go wrong, and I wouldn't be able to make a new cover, and wouldn't be able to get the old one back together, and everything would be ruined forever.
But everything went perfectly, and this is the final product:
I like it! The cushion-cover fits perfectly, and I like the look now better than I did when it was all leather.
The original cover was essentially in four pieces. I used it as a pattern for the top, bottom, and front pieces. The back piece had a zipper in it, and it just seemed easier to re-use it.
One more before and after: