Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lazy-ish Weekend

Hi, all! I know how all of my readers just die to know what's going on in my life, so I felt it was time for an update. I had the weekend off, but I didn't get a whole lot done. Today was fairly productive, but yesterday consisted of watching a couple dozen episodes of American Dad and not getting dressed till 6PM. Today, however, I dusted, went grocery shopping, did some laundry, and tried two new recipes - a new Sloppy Joe recipe, and Vegan Banana-Zucchini Bread. Both turned out excellent!
I also went to Big Lots and the Dollar Tree and got some picture frames so I could complete my bedroom decor. Here's the finished product:



It's probably a good thing that I rested up this weekend, though, since we have 5 shows in the theatre this week, two of which are "Tri-Art" kids' shows, so I'll have to be there at 7AM on Tuesday and 5AM on Friday. Yay. But. As of right now, I'm only 16 days and 7 shows away from Thanksgiving break! I'm so excited to go home. This is the longest I've gone without seeing my family. Ever. I've been here for three months already. It really doesn't seem like it. 8 months to go!

Other things going on in my life include the fact that I'm down about 15 pounds since moving here, the beard is back, and things are looking up financially. I got my Penney's charge card paid off, and I started to put money into savings again. Now that my paychecks are (hopefully) straightened out, I'll be getting more per paycheck, and I've been trying to budget my money more carefully. All-in-all, I'm in a pretty good mood at the moment. Check back with me after this week; my mood probably won't be as great. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!