Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloweekend

Hi, followers. I don't have a whole lot to say, but I thought it was time for an update. Thursday, after our show and the painting of the stage floor, I was pleased to find out that we get 5 days off in a row! It's Fall Break at Clemson, so we have Friday-Tuesday off. Friday and Saturday were pretty much lost to sleeping and recuperating from crazy hours and hard work. Today, I finally made myself productive, and prepared to be productive for the next two days.

I went to Fred's today. It's this discount store, kind of like a mix between Big Lots and Ollie's, but with a pharmacy. I got some baking supplies, as well as a little table for my meditation room, and a little storage-bin-table-thing for beside my desk in my bedroom. I'm quite pleased with my purchases and I'm quickly becoming a fan of Fred's. After Fred's, I went to Wal-Mart for some Halloween candy and paint. I got paint for my living room and bedroom, so I'm thinking tomorrow I'll tackle that. I'll have to run to the theatre to borrow some painting supplies (brushes, rollers, tarps, etc.).

Looking back on my list from my "Mi Casa" post, I'm going to be able to get almost everything done on my list. Tomorrow before painting, I'll sweep and scrub everything, I'll paint my living room and bedroom, and possibly the green in the kitchen. (I've decided I don't really need to paint the second bedroom or bathroom - just scrub down the walls.) I've been working on my meditation room, and it's coming along nicely. I've also been working on my yard and porch, and aside from picking up some branches, there's not much left to do. I've re-potted all my houseplants. All-in-all, I think I'll be able to accomplish what I set out to do this weekend.

Along with my productivity, it was a pretty excellent Halloween. I ended up getting a few Trick-or-Treaters, which I was very excited about. I baked some chocolate chip walnut cookies (not on my fall baking list, but excellent nonetheless). I also watched The Crazies, 5ive Girls, and, of course, Hocus Pocus - all very good movies. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!