Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello to any of you who read this! It's 2011! Only one more year until the world ends. :-P I rang in the New Year with a few friends and a lot of booze. Thinking about it now, it's really difficult to not throw up, but Whipped Cream Vodka and Root Beer was the best drink ever.

Well, my vacation is almost over. I head back to SC in 3 days. As fun as it's been to be home, I'm excited to get back to my house and try out my new vacuum, wireless printer, and other awesome stuff I got. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to put an addition on the kitchen to accommodate all the kitchen stuff and cookbooks I got.

I'll be home again in 10 weeks for Josh's wedding. My bosses refuse to answer my e-mail asking to leave March 16th, but I will with or without their permission. :-P After the wedding/spring break, I only have something like 9 weeks until the semester is over and 18 weeks until the internship is over. (Hopefully, I'll get some time off in there somewhere for an OBX trip.)

I thought I'd share some of my resolutions on here. I make them every year and I always keep them. ::sarcasm:: You never know, maybe this is the year I will!

1) Get in shape/become healthier. Cliche, I know, but for realz, I'm going to get back in a gym, become more active, and start to eat better.
2) Read more. A little less TV, a little more good, old-fashioned print on paper.
3) Continue to hone my skills and build knowledge - in cooking/baking, crocheting/sewing, theatre/electrics, etc.
4) Be a little more financially responsible and pay down some debt.
5) Be more charitable. I want to donate more of my time, money, and blood.

Well, maybe I'll go clean a little. Before I head back, I'd like to clean out my room here and the spare room a little. I have way too much crap and I feel like it'd be good to start the new year with a purge. Happy New Year!


New recipes tried lately: Apple Gingerbread, Pumpkin Pie Cake, Snickerdoodle Pie.
Current crochet pattern: "Time Flies"
(^Something new I'm trying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!