I've decided to make a list of fairly big goals that I want to accomplish before I turn 30 - things to do, see, get, and experience. I know I have 5 and a half years in which to accomplish everything, but I see a lot of bloggers make lists like this when they're 28 or 29 and not accomplish everything.
I figure if I give myself enough time, I can get everything done that I've come up with, use it as motivation to not be lazy, and (assuming I'm still blogging in 5 years) you can all follow my progress.
30 Things Before 30:
1. Visit at least one new country.
2. Finish my list of 100 Books Everyone Should Read.
(14 down, 86 to go!)
3. See 35 different waterfalls.
(10 down, 25 to go!)
5. Take a cooking class.
6. See a dozen different lighthouses.
(4 down, 8 to go!)
7. Make sure I've been to at least half of the United States.
(20 down, 5 to go!)
8. Learn (at least the basics of) a new language.
9. Hike at least part of the Appalachian Trail.
11. Run a 5K in under 30 minutes.
12. Donate a total of $1000 and 100 hours of my time to good causes.
($412/3hr down, $588/97hrs to go!)
13. Have at least 6 tattoos.
(3 down, 3 to go!)
15. Visit the West Coast.
16. Go on a cruise.
17. Help throw and/or take part in a progressive party.
18. Gamble at a casino.
19. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
21. Do a cleanse or fast.
22. Successfully make a souffle.
23. Go on a week-long camping trip.
26. Go on a romantic getaway.
27. Go to a dorky/nerdy/geeky convention.
28. Achieve my goal weight.
29. Buy a house.
30. Learn to surf or dive/snorkel.
(Last update: 07/03/2015)