Monday, October 25, 2010

Master Baker Torrey?

So I've decided that one of the most exciting things about living by myself is the prospect of holiday baking. Not that I didn't bake while living with my parents, but it seems so much more domestic and fulfilling in my own house. I went through my cookbooks and the recipes I've been printing off the internet, and planned my fall and holiday baking. Since I live by myself and am trying to watch what I eat, I'll probably be sharing most of what I make with the people at work, and at Christmas, the people in PA. Here's what I'm planning at the moment and what y'all have to look forward to:

Fall Baking:
-Sweet Potato Brownies
-Vegan Zucchini Bread
-Vegan S'more Snack Cake
-Zucchini Crunch
-Pumpkin Bread Pudding
-Spiced Pumpkin Doughnuts
-Candy Corn Cookies
-Sweet Potato Cupcakes
-Great Grammy's Pumpkin Pie
-Vegan Brownies

Holiday Baking:
-Chocolate Chip Cookies (new recipe :-P)
-Snickerdoodle Pie
-Bourbon-Pecan Truffles
-Gingerbread with Apple Glaze
-Sweet Potato Cheesecake
-Angel Whispers
-Peppermint Kisses
-Wreath Cookies
-Mrs. Mele's Brown Sugar Cookies
-Creamy Mint Cocoa from scratch
-Peanut Butter Kisses

I've been trying lots of new recipes already, and expanding my knowledge, skills, and recipe collection. I'm hoping to keep building up my cooking and baking prowess as part of my self-betterment campaign.

Ha! I have to add, I've just now realized what I'm doing. I'm training myself to be a trophy wife. Making myself, my home, my cooking, and my domestic skills attractive, learning to manage money, becoming more pleasant. I'm totally turning Stepford.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!