Friday, February 18, 2011

I should be in bed.

So as you can tell from the title of this post, I should be in bed. I have to get up at 6AM tomorrow for a kids' show. However, I just have to take a minute to talk about stupid people. People do stupid things around me all the time. Today, though, there were several incidents that made me go OH MY GOD.

The first incident was at Subway. I had to go in to work at 4PM, so I decided to stop on the way and get a sub instead of making something at home. As I pulled into the parking lot, two other cars also pulled in. One came from the same direction as me, the other was coming towards us. Well, the car in front of me was in the middle of the lane in which cars drive through the lot. She apparently panicked at the oncoming car and decided the best course of action would be to just stop. I don't know if it was a deer in the headlights thing, if she was playing dead, or if she just did not have the coping mechanisms to deal with oncoming traffic, but she just. sat. there. I was able to just pull into a spot, but the other car was stuck. I made my way into the store and got in line. About five minutes later, a woman came in behind me. Not the one who couldn't deal with driving, but the one who was blocked. I don't know what happened to the one who couldn't drive. She may have been sitting in her car crying because driving is hard.

One might think that that was enough stupidity for one trip to Subway. Oh, no. When I got in the store, there was one other person just finishing paying. The clerk came over and took my order and it needed to be microwaved, so while it was heating, she started the other lady's order. Well, this lady wanted several subs, all with special instructions. Instead of finishing my order when it was done in the microwave, she kept at the other order. I had to stand there for about 10 minutes until this woman was satisfied with the meats and cheeses on her sandwiches. When this was finally finished, the woman looked right at me and said, "Are you waiting for something?" I said, "Yes." Between my response and the fact that the clerk had begun to wait on me again, you would think that she could figure out that I was, in fact, getting a sub. In Subway. However, she proceeded to get pissed that I had come between her and the veggies on her subs. Nevermind that I was there first, and had already waited an eternity because of her. I got the veggies and condiments on my sandwich to a chorus of her overly dramatic sighs and foot tapping. Well, Subway Bitch, if you happen to read this, I hate you.

I finally got done and went on my merry way. My day progressed smoothly until about 7:15. We had a show at 8:00, so the house opened at 7:30. Well, the artist decided at 7:15 that he didn't like the lighting that he had been rehearsing in all day. Really, buddy? You've performed countless times, and you had been informed that the lights that were on were going to be the lights on for the show. You couldn't have said something in the 3 hours that I had been sitting there doing nothing? Next time, I'm just going to set you on fire. That should provide ample light for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!