Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pointless Update? Probably.

So I thought I should update everyone on everything that isn't new in my life. There's not a whole lot to report, but I hate when people never update their blogs. I'm plugging along at my self-betterment. I've been making small changes, trying to develop new and better habits. I was proud of myself in the grocery store today when I put back a bag of chips I had picked up and went for some veggies and hummus instead. I've done yoga a few times, but I need to make a habit of it. I would like to do it in the morning before work, but we all know how much I like to get up in the morning. I would like to still join the rec center, but every time I put the money aside, it somehow disappears. Hmm. :-P Maybe I'll just suck it up and charge it. I've been craving some cardio.

I've been trying to do the 2 new recipes a week thing. I think I've been good about it. If there's a week I don't get the two in, I do even more the next week. This past week alone, I tried Garlic Cheddar Chicken, Peanut Butter Banana Nut Bread, Pumpkin Banana Bread, and Raisin Bran Butter Cookies. I have some apples to use up, too, so I'll probably make something apple-y soon, and I have the stuff to make "Espresso Shot" cookies. So look forward to that, co-workers. :-)

Other than the fitness and cooking/baking, I've been trying to read more. I started Vanity Fair awhile ago, and I'm about to start Emma. I decided to do the Jane Austen Book Club thing (by myself, apparently :-P). February is Emma, March is Mansfield Park, April is Northanger Abbey, May is Pride & Prejudice, June is Sense & Sensibility, and July is Persuasion. If anyone would like to read them too and come over for some baked goods, wine, and Austen discussion, let me know!

Well, I should head to bed. We have a dance company coming in tomorrow with the light plot from hell, so I should be well-rested to deal with this lighting guy. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!