Friday, January 27, 2012

A Quarter of a Century

So yesterday was my 25th birthday. I am officially a quarter of a century old. I can now rent a car and a vacation home. I could rent a car and drive it to a vacation home. It's a very big deal.

I didn't do a whole lot for my birthday. I slept till noon, and did nothing all day. When my mom got off work, we went to The Barnyard for supper. I love it there! I had Country Fried Steak and mashed potatoes. Of course I didn't take my camera, so I don't have a picture of the delicious. I do have a picture of my rather deadly birthday cake.




It's deadly because you have to have a shot of insulin ready after you have a slice. It's chocolate, covered in chocolate, decorated with chocolate. Yeah.
















For those of you in suspense about my life and career, I have an update. Anyone close to me already knows that my job in Wisconsin fell through. I was offered an interview at the Bucks County Playhouse, and when I told the theatre in Wisconsin about it, they told me they had to hire someone else if I was going to interview for other jobs. SO. I have the Bucks County interview in a few days, and I have an interview at Busch Gardens in Virginia in February.

I'm not actually sure what position I'm interviewing for at the Playhouse.... I had e-mailed them and said I was willing to do anything they needed me to, and I was called for an interview. I guess I'll just prep for every possible position, and find out what they want me for when we meet! Busch Gardens would be a stage tech job, but this is the third year I've applied for a position there, and this will be my second interview. Maybe the third application will be the charm! I would LOVE to live in Williamsburg. We went there every summer when I was little. I love Colonial Williamsburg, the Winery, the Pottery. There's a Golden Corral and a Zaxby's. I'd be working at an amusement park. I'd be super close to VA Beach and a few hours from the Outer Banks. I mean, come on. Who wouldn't want that life?!

So we'll see how these interviews go, and I will keep all of my fingers crossed that one of them works out. If not, I guess I'll just keep my few shifts a month at the Campus and get a job somewhere else to pay the bills and continue to add to my savings. Maybe I could get in somewhere else in Lewisburg. There's lots of quaint little shops and cafes. I could handle working in one of them a few hours a week.

Well, it's leftovers for supper and then out to the Smiling Chameleon Draft House with my friends for a belated birthday celebration. I'll get back to baking and hiking soon, so I'll have some more interesting posts!

1 comment:

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!