Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012!

Happy New Year, y'all!



I rang in 2012 last night at work. A Relay for Life team rented the theatre for a New Year's party/fundraiser. I have to admit, it was fun to watch the ball drop on a movie theatre screen! I also got to blast Lady Gaga as loudly as I could and no one complained.

As this is the second New Year that I've been blogging, I thought I would compare last year's list of resolutions and this year's. There are... a few similarities.


Last year's list, from my post one year ago:

1) Get in shape/become healthier. Cliche, I know, but for realz, I'm going to get back in a gym, become more active, and start to eat better.
2) Read more. A little less TV, a little more good, old-fashioned print on paper.
3) Continue to hone my skills and build knowledge - in cooking/baking, crocheting/sewing, theatre/electrics, etc.
4) Be a little more financially responsible and pay down some debt.
5) Be more charitable. I want to donate more of my time, money, and blood.


This year's list:

1) Get in shape. Yeah, yeah. Shut up. At this point, it's about not having a heart attack before I'm 30. I have a new workout routine mapped out. Let's see how long I stick to it.
2) Become more socially active/active in the community. I joined the community band this past year, but I really don't have anywhere to go or anyone to see. I need to crawl out of my cave once in awhile.
3) Travel more. There's so much to see and do that wouldn't even cost anything. I just need to get in my car and go. If I want to see the world, I have to leave my house.
4) Read more. I said this last year, too. I get on kicks where I read constantly, but then I go days or even weeks without cracking a book.
5) I'm not sure how to word this one, but I need to purge my life. I guess "live less materially" or "live more simply". Basically, I need to get rid of a lot of crap.


So I guess the only repeats are to get in shape and read more. As for the other three on last year's list: I think I've built on my knowledge in cooking, baking, crocheting, technical theatre, etc. quite a bit; I've paid my debt down some and haven't used my credit card in months; and I've donated blood twice since moving home and donated quite a bit of money to good causes this past year.

All-in-all, I call 2011 a success... even if I have two rollover resolutions, and have been essentially unemployed and living with my parents for months. :-P Hopefully 2012 will bring new opportunities, more willpower, and new beginnings!

Did anyone else make any resolutions??


Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!