Friday, January 4, 2013

Juicy! Apple Cleanser


I got a juicer for Christmas! My amazing mother got me a Hamilton Beach wide-mouth juicer and The Big Book of Juices by Natalie Savona.




 I have wanted a juicer for a long time, and I've wanted to do a juice cleanse for even longer. It's even on my 30 Before 30 list. I don't know when I want to do my first cleanse or how long it will last, but I can do it now!

For now, I'm just going to try a bunch of juices and figure out what I like and what I want to become a staple in my life. My plan was to make a juice every morning for breakfast, but I'm usually running around, trying to get ready as quickly as possible so I can get to work on time. So juicing might be a night thing for now.

The night before last, I made an "Apple Cleanser".



It's 2 apples, 1/3 of a cucumber, 1 stalk of celery, 2 kale leaves, and 1/2 of a beetroot. It was an excellent choice for my first juicing attempt. It's delicious!



 ^ Before stirring, it's super pretty.


^After stirring, it's still super pretty. The beet color takes over, but the taste is largely apple, with a little earthiness from the other fruits and veggies.

Plus, the pulp it leaves behind is super pretty. Weird observation? Maybe. 


 So that's my first adventure in juicing. I had way more fun that I should have. I felt like a mad scientist making a potion or something.  So if you have a juicer, you should try this. I'll be trying a ton more, and I might even blog about my favorites!



1 comment:

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!