Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Me, Myself, and I

So I've been working on a project for the past month. I think it's a good topic for my 50th post!

Every night from July 14th through August 14th, I wrote something about myself in my notebook. Just a sentence, starting with "I...". Some things are deeper than others, and some nights it was difficult to come up with anything. Sometimes I knew what I was going to say before I even sat down to write it.

The idea was to learn something about myself. While I don't know that I came up with anything surprising or revealing, it's a pretty accurate list and portrait of who I am, so I thought I'd share.


I...


...like collecting things.

...fall in love about twice a week.

...am easily embarrassed.

...am a hopeless romantic.

...am pretty OCD.

...like making people happy.

...am a big baby.

...like adventure.

...simultaneously love and hate change.

...love antique/vintage things and thinking of bygone eras.

...am a planner.

...hate bad drivers... but am one.

...am such an introvert.

...am stubborn.

...am a loner.

...have a vivid imagination.

...will always be a kid.

...hate not accomplishing my goals.

...like quiet moments just to think.

...have no self-control.

...am incredibly lazy.

...am a totally different person than I was 5 years ago.

...am usually totally awkward.

...hate talking on the phone.

...am completely not a "morning person".

...constantly and consciously overeat.

...love making music.

...would never work again if I were independently wealthy.

...love pillows and blankets, and feeling cozy and secure.

...love unique names. (Sorry, future children.)

...am not actually sure what to do with my life.

...have always wanted to write a book.


So there's me in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!