Monday, August 1, 2011

Not-So-On-My-Own

Well, I started this blog when I thought I was finally out in the world on my own for good. Turns out it only lasted a year. I'm back home in PA living with my parents. I am glad to be closer to my friends and family, but I miss having my own place already... and I've been home for 2 days!

I'm hoping I will get a job sooner rather than later, but I'm aiming for 3 months tops to be living at my parent's. I intend to make the most of my time here, and have a list of things to get done. Not the least of which is purging all the junk I've been hoarding. As it is, I have two huge garbage bags of clothes and shoes, and a box of stuff to get rid of... and that's just from cleaning out my closet. I'd kind of like to have a yard sale, but it's usually a lot of work and three days of getting up early... all to make about $15. I might end up just donating everything to a thrift store. Could I count that towards the charitable contributions on my 30 Things Before 30 list?? I vote yes. :-P

I am also trying to get involved in something while I'm home. I'm already doing the Milton Community Band concert in a couple of weeks, and might be acting as spot operator for the Community Theatre show at the end of the month. I'd also like sing in the Pops Concert in September. The last two are contingent on a certain someone answering my Facebook message, though (*cough*Russ*cough*).

Also on my list are finding some hiking trails around here, re-finishing this old vanity that we have in the basement, installing my mom's new shower surround, and some other odds and ends. I might as well make myself useful while I'm here. I want to make this (hopefully) brief period of unemployment productive, stimulating, and rewarding... all while still allowing myself to sleep till noon once in awhile!

Well, not that this was a filler post or anything, but hopefully I'll have something worthwhile to blog about soon. Oh! I totally made it to another waterfall before I left SC. That made 10 out of my goal of 10! So be on the lookout for a post about that last excursion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without using one of the listed accounts, use the "Name/URL" option. You can leave the URL (website) blank, but fill in your name!